New Simplified Battery Management Plan from GTS: IMTs
Knowing how to identify bad batteries and removing them for recycling is a constant problem for mobile device users.
All batteries look alike regardless of their age. Replace them too soon and you are wasting money. Replace them too late and you will have device failure and downtime (approx. one hour of labor per incident).
Most industry experts agree that battery packs should be replaced on approximately the following schedule:
- Mission critical public safety and military: 12-14 months
- Critical delivery: 18-24 months
- Busy retail: 18-24 months
- High intensity warehouse distribution: 18-24 months
- Low intensity warehouse and distribution: 24-36 months
These are rough guidelines, but after 18 months, batteries should be monitored or moved into lower intensity applications.